Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at APF 2013

I'm a concert photographer living in Austin, Texas. I have extensive musical knowledge related to rock 'n' roll, garage rock, garage punk, psychedelic rock, and all flavors in between. I'm part of a large community of great musicians and photographers and consider myself fortunate to have the talent to make a contribution to music that matters. 


The Ugly Beats at Get Hip Recordings SXSW Showcase 2014

I've had photos published in Blurt, Shindig, and Bananas, and photos in one CD. I also have an upcoming album cover credit. Among the bands I've worked with are Barrence Whitfield & The Savages, The Soulphonics, The Ugly Beats, The Black Angels, and countless others. 


Temples at Levitation: Hotel Vegas, SXSW 2015


Many of you think that you have free options when it comes to getting shots of your band to use and especially, to post online, so why would you want to pay for it? Look at it this way: You play in front of an audience because you love playing. Most of the time, you're not going to be able to do it as a living, but you love doing it. You pay a lot for your gear, you most of the time have to haul it and set it up yourself, and when you play a gig, you get paid for it. You don't expect to play for free. 

You're a professional and you expect to be treated as one. It's the same for me. Like you, I enjoy doing it, but it's still work. That doesn't just mean getting the shot, but the extra work of editing for white balance as needed, exposure, color balance, cropping, filtering, conversion to black and white or sepia tone, etc, so there are often hours of extra work involved. My rates are very reasonable. I'm here to work with you, give you quality photos that you'll be proud to use and ultimately, help you tell your story and sell it. If that matters to you, then you'd want a professional who's dedicated to your cause and is there specifically for you. I'm your guy. 


The Cure at Austin City Limits Music Festival 2012

I'm available most evenings and the typical few days a week to shoot live photos and press photos. If you're a band and want photos, you have a number of options starting with 15-20 web quality photos with added watermark that you can use for online posting one or two days after your gig. Other options include physical prints for a one time fee plus small charges for additional prints unless your Mum wants one. She gets a freebie! 


Split Squad at Blurt/Dogfish Head Official Day Party SXSW 2013

I can do press photos, promo shots for albums, CDs, and tee shirts too. Email me at paisleyumbrella@icloud.com and let me know your needs. I'll come up with a plan specifically for you.


Death by Unga Bunga at SXSW 2015




Depeche Mode at Austin City Limits 2012
The Fleshtones at SXSW 2013


Reigning Sound at SXSW 2014

The Soulphonics at ABGB 2015

The Cynics at SXSW 2014

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment